Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bird's Eye View

On this particular October afternoon, as I get out of my truck and lace up my boots I feel the warmth of the evening sun on my face as I look out across a soybean field trying to decide what deer stand to try to get a look at the trophy buck. As I walk down a narrow and bumpy dirt path I feel a slight crisp breeze as I admire the bright and radiant colors of the leaves on the Maple trees. I would hear the rustle and scamper of a couple of squirrels making circles around a pine tree along the edge of the woods.  The warmth of the sun was quickly fading and the wind was blowing a little stronger as I reached my stand.  As I stood at the base of the tree I took my .270  rifle off my back carefully and took a deep breath of cool air.  I had finally arrived to the top of the stand about seventeen feet up about 150 years old pine tree.  What a bird's eyes view of God's creation.  The many colors of the turning of the leaves as they look  to be waving at me and singing look at me.  I look across the field and see a groundhog, sitting upright and getting his fill of soybeans for his afternoon snack.  Yes I love to hunt deer but it is more than hunting for me it is taking the time to listen, slow down and experience God and all He has made for man to enjoy. After I watched several doe pace around the corner of the field I simply watched them as I saw an amazing sunset. I didn't take home a trophy buck but I always bring home with me a attitude of thanks to God for all the blessing of family and friends.  From a deer stand I had pretty great view but as I looked up I felt very small and was just reminded of how big God is and how much he loves me.

God demonstrated his love for us that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Take the time this week and spend time with God and rest in his love 

No comments:

Post a Comment